Friday, May 16, 2008

Do what you like; it’s not a waste of time...

I was fond of web publishing since my college days. About five years back, i was in college and we made a group of friends who look into new technologies on internet and find new things. We always wanted to know about things which are new and interesting. Specifically, I was interested in web publishing, writing etc.

I started blogging about 2 to 3 years back. I was more of like to share things. Make reviews, news and all technical information at one place. There was no purpose of making money from it; I just like to create it. It helps me and others in learning or knowing new things. I love blogging because it helps you grow your knowledge, gives you pleasure that you do something creative and also increases your interest in things.

After some 1 year, I got Google ad sense for my blog. Why because I got some good collection of quality and content on it. Its all about how you manage things. I heard from a friend and submitted my blog, and they given me ad sense account. After making my blog quite popular and informative, having good quantity and quality, now after more than a year I got my new domain for it.

When ever I show it to some guys, they always think that I wasted my time in making such nice thing which is not earning as much as it should. I told them that that’s not the purpose for which I started it. I started it because I like to write. Now may be it can help me earning some buck so I can maintain it with new domain. But if its not, then it doesn't mean I should close it or should stop blogging.

May be some day I can get good ads from some big advertisers :)! Or may be not, but that should not be the primary thing if I like to blog for my satisfaction.

And when I helped some to make blogs and how to manage things, they want it immediately in Google index search. I told them that we can't do anything in that except keep posting quality content. May be even you don't need to be in Google search if people like your writing. But some of them are feeling jealous of me that why I am having such a big content full blog? Dude, I have it because I am doing things since 2 years. Its not great thing, anyone can do it if he wants to. They don't like i blog and show them nice tutorials and etc. They want to do blogging for money. I told that if you start like this, then it’s hard to keep your quality. Because you always be in hurry to add more content, though it’s not of your interest!

I think people should do what they like to do. May be others think that you are wasting your time but it doesn't matter. You must keep doing things. If you do proper management and hard work, one day it will help you and gives you the result which may be differ then what you want but always be good :).

So, keep doing things :).

No comments: