Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tours- My last two weekends...

I have been on tour (actually you can say a little traveling :)) since last two weekends.

0n 13th June, I left for pune for a 3 days tour. It was managed so quickly, that I can't get my friend's cam with me :(. Things were cool when we left from here in bus.

But as someone said, 'Not everything happens in our favor when you are in between something'(I don't know who said, may be I? :)). And that happened to me also. Our bus got punctured after 200Kms from here (Baroda). And in my surprise, the sophisticated drivers can't even open the tier for replacement! Ha ha, can you believe that they taken more than 3 hours to replace the tire? Yeah, it was so boring to seat idle when no one knows you and you had not eaten something since 3 hours! But then god helped them and they got it done! Voila!

But someone there has a problem. He had one important exam in the morning. And the bus can't reach on time as per the current situation. The atmosphere was hot of shouts :).And finally they left with another option I think. Even one person who came from there, returned in the next morning from the next station (surat @ 6 AM) as he got hint of being too late for his work and worthless being there! I also was confused about the situation.

In addition to this, heavy rain is our companion for more than 5 hours of path! What to say now? The speed is controlled by the traffic and rain, and people had a nice boring sleep! Still I had a hope to reach about 1PM noon the next day. But all I was wrong and reached there @ 4PM on 14th June, the next day. Count it, it was 21 hours in a hopeless crap bus having AC which we don't want and no speed! I was too tired but my friend was there to pick me up. I was 8 hours late, can you believe that? :)

That was not superb, but ok trip. I had not much time as because of one 'function' there. So finished it all up and I was back here. Now, I will talk about second small trip which is a good experience.

0n 20th, last Friday, I was at my uncle's place. He was going to one pilgrimage by walk. It is 50 kms far from the home. And I was hired to drive the car with the luggage :).

Most different thing is we go on the whole night and sleep all the day. I must stay at every 2 or 3 kms from them as may be they need something while walking. Rather than driving I should say pulling the car :).

It was so boring to stop at every 2 kms and waiting for them.50 kms in 2 nights, 25 on each night. The road was almost empty having very less traffic as the area through which we go is like a jungle. Some places are too empty and feels horrible. Even you can here sound of every smallest thing happens. Instead of this feeling, I was bored because I can't even take a nap :(.

Only thing I fear is a dog! The dogs, which just run behind every car passing through barking constantly! So when ever I see dogs, I even pull the lights of the car off if is stop there. So, they don't bark and disturb me. And yeah, I can't get off the car to rip off :).

At some places, we got some snacks, taken rest for a while. It was totally different experience for me, too stop on the road. One person in the farm, near which I had arranged my car, was too curious about me that why I was there and doing what by stopping the car? It was funny too, as he got one hard stick and then also feared. He just started shouting and i was ignoring him, taking nap. Finally he got out of the farm, on the other side of the road, asking me. I explained him the situation and then he got his heart down :). He told me that he had his crops there in the farm for which he was staying there to keep it safe. I laughed and so he also :)!

Yeah it was tire able, but though I enjoyed. And in the morning, when all they got in the car, everyone is desperate about driving because of sitting positions. Everyone wants to sit comfortably on the driver's seat, but I never let them!

This was my 2 weekends, some mess and some enjoyment :)

2 comments:

Sandy said...

No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.To get away from one's working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one's self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change.

Chirayu Joshi said...

journey is always beautyful and it alwasys remains in your mind throughout your life...if you reach your destination with no journey it wont have its importance...

My journey in asite which is offcouse ongoing is realy beautful as i have company of friends like you....realy great to have a friend like you....

cheers......